Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST ‘Winston Churchill’
This is a Manning Wardle 0-6-0 ST built for Cadbury at Bournville in 1923 and later used between Black Country collieries and brickworks.
The old steam locomotive also once ran on the tracks of the Earl of Dudley’s mineral railway.
The line was operated by Pensnett Mineral Railway Company which ran from Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal at Ashwood, serving various collieries and factories including Round Oak steel works.
The ‘Winston Churchill’ is now greeting visitors to the Black Country Living Museum.
The relocation of the ‘Winston Churchill’ was made possible through the help and generous support of local house-builder Lovell Partnerships Ltd. And the Friends of the Black Country Museum.